This beautiful Georgian property was acquired in a derelict condition with lead flashing stolen from the parapet gutter allowing water to ingress throughout the building. After drying out and completing a full renovation from its former use as an office we converted it to five beautiful apartments.
This 180 year old former Coach House had been abandoned for over 100 years and left in a ruinous state. With cathedral-like arches punctuated by light wells, it would be far beyond any craftsman to construct today. The space was reclaimed and re-imagined, recently rid of a century of moss and memories, ready to begin a new journey at the forefront of Nottingham's dining scene.
Built in 1790, Wilford House had been left in an unloved stated after 40 years of neglect. Desperately in need of bringing into the 21st century to support the demands a modern commercial business, it is now the new headquarters to a multinational engineering software company. We stripped back the building and upgraded to smart heating and lighting, as well as adding two new toilet blocks and shower rooms to a high spec bespoke finish. Both meeting and training of blue chip automotive customers is core to the business and cutting edge infrastructure within the 1790 setting was the brief, whilst being sympathetic to Listed Building constraints.
Based on award winning project in north London, we have taken this 5 bedroom house in Leeds and created much needed extra space on the ground floor for the growing family. By being sympathetic to the structure of the building we have been able to create five new individual spaces on the ground floor for both privacy and entertaining while allowing light to flood in through oversize fenestration into two elegant courtyard spaces.